|Diel Insurance Group History|
The roots of the agency date back to 1886 when a prominent local attorney opened a law office in downtown Rhinelander. At this time, all insurance policies were handled by attorneys as they were complicated legal contracts just as they are today.
In 1920, after the death of the founding owners, staff of the agency incorporated under a new name, North Wisconsin Agency and were located in the Merchants State Bank Building. The Estabrook family became majority owner in 1946, and in 1962 a new office building was built at 111 N. Brown Street. It still serves as our place of business today.
In 2008, the agency was sold by the family to the Vice President and General Manager, Brian Diel, who had been with the agency 20 years. The agency grew with the purchase of Dunn Insurance Agency in Tomahawk. The business now operates as Insurance Professionals of Northern Wisconsin, Inc. dba Diel Insurance Group.
Times change, but the Diel Insurance Group will continue doing what we and our predecessors have done best for more than 125 years - taking care of our customers.
To learn more about the Diel Insurance Group agencies, please stop in for a cup of coffee and visit with us at our Rhinelander or Tomahawk offices. We look forward to meeting you.
Back to the Main Page
Copyright ©2012 Diel Insurance Group